[amayausers] gears not lining up

  • From: "Bulkley Cleaners" <bulkley1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 04:33:05 -0700

I have also been having a devil of a time with my Amaya and the gears not
lining up.  This all started after I changed to the new yellow feed rollers and
red pinch rollers.  Shortly after the change, the Amaya started making the loud
snapping noises as the needle bar changed needles, she also gave me an error
message that there was a color change index error.  The needle bar would not
line up behind the needle, etc etc etc.  After a day or two of messing around
with this I phoned Chris in Calgary.  He had me push in the little red button
that is above the thread feed gear on the back of the needle case.  This little
red button allows the gear to free wheel.   Wweeeelllll let me tell you the
needles that were being the biggest pains in the A--, those thread feed gears
were wobbling around like a drunk in a high wind.  They had broken off around
the hub just like Ron Springer(I think it was Ron) said in a previous post.

Consequently I ended up with a whole new feeder gear assembly.  Hubby and I
changed it over and in the process discovered that the  gear that is driven by
the motor(this gear is the one that turns the feeder gears)  was also broken
around the hub, and also wobbled like it had its fair share of liquid
refreshments.

We replaced this gear as well.  Scavenged  another gear off the old gear drive
assembly, and off we went.  It is a bugger to adjust  and to line up the gears
again.  We got through Christmas, and I am starting to get the snapping sound
again.  Every time I start the Amaya up  I go to maintenance, steppers and
"home" the needles I am going to use, and I have to do this every time I want
to use the machine.  The new rollers also love to "spit" the thread out of the
grooves and cause birds nest's.  I was told that this is because the rollers
are "dirty" so I take thiese out, wash them, put them back in and then go again
for another 12000 stitches and then wash again.

So my question to you on the list that have had problems with the snapping
noise etc, did you notice it started ofter changing the rollers?

Terry Dancey
Bulkley Cleaners
Smithers BC
bulkley1@xxxxxxxxx