[amayausers.com] Re: contract work gone wrong. HELP

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 21:23:52 UT

This message was posted by Monipezi on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/10/132.html#000002

I am am sorry to read what happened - we are a group of independent amaya as
well as other embroidery machine users here in vienna - and we are doing what
you have done now for many years _SUB-CONTRACTING.
But in order to do this right we have following proceedure. The embroiderer in
our group who gets the job also controls the work flow and finally delivers to
his customer. In order to do so and in the process to keep the quality between
us alike we proceed as follows:
1 the initial embroiderer digitizes (or gets the design digitized)
2 makes the "proof-stitch" for the customer and gets it signed for a go-ahead
3 sends a further copy of the proof together with the embroidery file - and the
correct info of the  threads used (as much info as possible) to his
subcontractors and gets a proof stitch from them.
Only when the original contractor is happy with the result (and of course the
price) he gives the go-ahead to proceed with the order.
We understand that every embroidery machine is different - also from amaya to
amaya - and fine adustments must be made to match the the designs stitched on
different machines
however - if I as the contractor have been given the green light from my
customer and is happy with the result from the sub-contractors - only then they
get the green light to proceed.
If the final job done then does not meet the quality he produced (and from us
accepted) in the proof then its up to the subcontractor to correct the problem
- whatever the cost of material (or even if he has to buy machine-time at
another place) may be.
Hope to help you in some form - but most important - subcontracting works well
(we manage to handle very large orders in short time) but make sure you set
your conditions before you engage in subcontracting.
greeting from Vienna- Austria
Peter