[amayausers] Re: cap stitching

  • From: "E. Orantes" <e3m@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 13:41:06 -0500

You know,...
One of our Amayas was sewing on a purse and because it was hooped on the
wrong side, stitched the internal pocket shut.  Not only that, but it sewed
right through the zipper links and penetrated the small, aluminum, zipper
handle/tab seven (7) times without missing a beat or even a thread break.
Design looked great, too.  I would have held on to it as a conversational
piece but the wife threw it away.
        I've also sewn on standard cardboard box material.  Besides it looking
like
it needed more fill stitches, the cardboard in the design felt real soft
(fill stitch) and the design just pushed right out since there was no
cardboard to support the edges.  Hence, I wouldn't recommend stitching on
cap bills even if you found a way to hoop them.

Ed Orantes