[amayausers] Re: autodigitizing vector art-program shuts down

  • From: "Jeff Banks" <banksje@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 08:23:36 -0700

HI Edna,

This is a problem and it has not been fixed 100%, it has been improved, but not 100% fixed. It depends on the complexity of the graphic. If there is a solid color that then a lot of detail has been put into the graphic over the top of the solid color so that all that shows of the solid color is what would look like outlines around all of the objects coving it, this is where the trouble starts. Asking it to try and convert only the parts that are visible and not covered by other objects is sometimes just too much for it to try and figure out. It should not crash or close no matter what, this is a critical problem that needs resolved. But, the fact it cannot do that detailed of an operation is still being worked on and I am not sure yet of the outcome. There may be limitations as to what can be done. If you like, send me the graphic, I can tell you more from looking at it.

Sometimes in this type of graphic, it is best to try and convert only the objects covering the solid color and then have the software Convert Object Type and ADD an outline to the converted top objects. Another way is to go ahead and let the solid color covert totally then convert the top objects on top of the solid color just as the graphic is made. As long as there are not too many top objects on top of each other, the density can be adjusted so that it works ok without making a bullet proof design.

Not all vector art is created equal either. Some of it out there is real cheap bad stuff with hundreds of nodes where only a few would work. Some vector art is not suitable for conversion directly to embroidery without some editing. I would have to look at the graphic you are trying to convert, but my guess is that what I have described is what is happening.

Sincerely,
Jeff Banks
Melco Embroidery Systems

----- Original Message ----- From: "Edna Khalifeh" <ednakhalifeh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>