[amayausers] Re: applique' lettering repost

  • From: DLCompton@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 20:20:38 EDT

Wendy,

Yes, you could do stitch on a folder especially if you're doing a lot of
them or will be in the future as your permanent template. You may want to clean

your bobbin area afterward as I can imagine lots of dust. If you're only doing
a  few, you could hoop your applique fabric and stitch out only the placement
 line, stop, unhoop, cut out applique, reset your design, hoop item and
stitch  away. If you're doing more than one, you could set up several on a
large
hoop  and stop after each set of placement stitches, moving to the next
applicable  color for the next applique. Hope this makes sense.

Dorothy  Compton
Bee Embroidered
_www.BeeEmbroidered.com_ (http://www.beeembroidered.com/)
(916)  635-7467
Rancho Cordova, CA

In a message dated 7/6/2005 5:05:19 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
itchin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I guess I put the horse before the cart somewhat.  I looked at the code sheet
for the 2" tackle twill lettering and it gives me  the basic info. to get
started. The one question that remains is cutting the  fabric. What's the trick
for this? Could I make a pattern by sewing lettering  on a file folder first? I
think I read that somewhere but may have been  dreaming. So again, any tips
are most welcome.
Wendy Solomonson
Itchin' To  Stitch
Arlington,  MN