[amayausers] Re: Design Pro not saving changes

  • From: "E. Orantes" <e3m@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 22:47:11 -0500

This is in both Design Shop as well as Amaya OS.  At the top of the screen,
click on the word "Help".  Now click on "About".  Here you will see the
version of the program you are using roughly middle of the screen.  People
tend to get confused about the fact that Amaya OS and Design Shop are not
part of a package deal (depending on how you negotiated the sale of course).
        If I'm a digitizer and that's all I do, I only need Design Shop.  If I
already have another brand of digitizing software and I buy an Amaya
machine, all I need is Amaya OS to go with the Amaya machine.
        I've seen folks owning Amayas for a couple of years update their Design
Shop with the thought that you can still run the newest version of .ofm
format files on the Amaya OS software.  It used to be that way where all you
had to do was know what version you were using in Amaya OS and simply save
your file in Design Shop using the respective version.ofm.  However now the
Design Shop program is really gettin' fancy with all it's new features and
it's getting more difficult to make everything backward compatible.  I
salute Melco's engineers for making it backward compatible at all in the
first place.  I guess we've gotten kind of spoiled.
        If your problem IS mis-matched program versions and you want to keep
everything in sync with everything else, start saving your files as .ofm in
a "Mother File" and then save it again as an .exp to send to Amaya OS.  All
your changes and features will be available for the Amaya machine in an
Expanded format.  Any editing should be done to your .ofm file and then
saved again as an .exp before sending it over to Amaya OS.
        Otherwise you could simply ask how much would it be to upgrade both
programs next time you're interested in new features.

Ed