[amayausers] Re: annoying

  • From: "Kesavan" <kesavan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 13:12:55 +1000

Herb,

I only insert the tread a couple of inches into the hole I leave the
remaining loose thread behind it  between the grabber and the needle and
press the start button. in my opinion this is the quickest way to do it.

When I toggle the grabber and then insert the thread 2 inches it wont work
because if I insert the thread 2 inches and have loose thread behind the
grabber it will pull out of the needle when the grabber comes out and the
machine starts sewing.

With the grabber toggled down you have to put the thread through the needle
hole and then pull it back up and engage it in the spring . I find this is
more time consuming  because each time you try and pull the thread back up
the thread loops and snags in the serrated edges.

Honestly in my opinion if the outer serrated edge went and the grabber were
only half its width or if they went back to a conventional grabber that sits
behind the head the machine would be a lot easier to work with.

Anand

Anand,
Are you toggling the grabber bar to the closed position before you thread
your needles?

Herb