[amayausers] Re: annoying

  • From: "Kesavan" <kesavan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 08:22:17 +1000

Herb/Bob

No problems. Just that in the conventional machine the top thread cutter is
hidden behind the head. This thing sits in front of the needles and hampers
threading the needle. In a conventional machine you push the thread thought
the needle hole with 2 inches of the thread through the hole and start the
machine.

In the Amaya if you do this the thread catches on the serrated edges and
breaks the thread. It would have been more tolerable if the bar were half
the width and the serrated edges that have no function (other than damaging
the operators fingers) that I can think of be gotten rid of.

The spring that holds the thread  in front of the machine is not wide
enough. When you have loose thread flaying around it frays the neighbouring
working thread or pulls the neighbouring thread loose.  If needles 1 and 16
have thread flopping loose and flaying around you have to stop the machine
thread the needle and do a trim to send to the holder at the bar at the back
and then start sewing. I just did that and the Blooming thing came loose
again. Normally if a thread comes loose you engage it on the spring and keep
sewing. Because the spring is not wide enough you get the feeling that they
designed the spring first and put needles 1 and 16 as an after thought.

The Australian Distributor visited me yesterday and the day before. We went
through the maintenance procedures. My earlier concerns are dispelled
regarding maintenance. Even if the 4 million stitch procedure is time
consuming but when you compare it with the productivity gains it is a pain
in the butt worth putting up with.

I feel that the recommended hook oiling intervals of 600000 stitches for the
coated hooks are too far apart. The hook starts to look too dry long before
that. I noticed an increased number of tread breaks and oiled the hook and
vola the tread breaks disappeared. Discussed it with my Distributor and he
set my machine to the uncoated oiling interval. I have had two each of the
uncoated hooks and coated hooks in my Happy four head since 1999.  The all
get oiled at the same intervals.

The thread breaks on the Amaya are 1/10th of that of any conventional
machine that I have used.

I am probably hooked on the Amaya. I have decided to by three more as soon
as I sell my 95 vintage 4 head tajima. It will double my productivity. Which
means I wont have to come to work on Good Friday and Easter Sunday next
year.

Anand

Anand

Are these serrated teeth causing a problem and if so, what kind of problem ?

Bob