[amayausers.com] Re: amayausers Digest V6 #92

  • From: "House-of-Stitches" <house-of-stitches@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "amayausers digest users" <ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 09:23:57 -0400

Blank patches, I use Deb Hafferty (link below) of Starbright Creations. She can make any shape that you need, fairly quick and fairly reasonable.

halferty1@xxxxxxxxx

           "HOUSE  of  STITCHES"
__________________________________
Custom Embroidery & Personalized Gifts
 8681 Lumina Ct   Jenison, MI 49428
                (616) 340-9497
email:   house-of-stitches@xxxxxxxxxxx
 website:   www.HouseOfStitches.net

Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 06:39:21 UT
From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amayausers.com] Re: Creating/Editing fonts

This message was posted by Theresa S. on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/177.html

Has anyone worked with the Edit/Create fonts feature in DSPro+? I took a TT font, Stone Sans, and made a few changes to customize it. When I saved, a "generating font preview" popped up with a clock on it. The clock has been running about an hour now, still running. Is this typical or should I stop and start over? This is my first time using this feature. I could not find the "generating font preview" mentioned anywhere in the manual.
Thanks for your input.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 07:08:36 UT
From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This message was posted by Juli in Kona on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/177.html#000001

Look under Alphabet Editor

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 10:02:14 UT
From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amayausers.com] Re: Robison-Anton Thread

This message was posted by GF on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/487.html#000004

I believe ARC is also made in the states (or so it's claimed that their thread and machines are all manufactured here). Does anyone know for sure? I really like the RA company and the people working there, but unfortunately I did notice a big difference with their thread quality over ARC. Wish I didn't because they are so close and delivery is much quicker.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 10:12:57 UT
From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amayausers.com] Re: adding a true type font to DS Pro+

This message was posted by GF on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/488.html#000005

I need to put a name in script onto a linen hankie. What font does anyone suggest at a 0.5 or smaller size? What density, underlay, etc. should I use?

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 11:12:11 UT
From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This message was posted by GameDayDesigns on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/488.html#000006

Thanks so much Juli. I will be using this for 1.10 inch names on the backs of baseball mesh jerseys. I appreciate all your suggestions and will make sure I do several practice sew outs. Thanks again!

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 15:15:39 UT
From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amayausers.com] Re: Considering buying a cutter for Twill

This message was posted by Steve I on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/11/15.html#000001

I know a lot of people love their Roland cutters because of the flexibility and price. If you are cutting mostly Tackle Twill I would suggest the Ioline. It costs way more but it creates the stitch file for you and you can just cut the fabric and sew it on. Few things to learn but not that bad. It also cuts vinyl and other types of fabric very well.

You will need Corel Draw to create the plotter files. If you have it great, if not and don't know how to use it that learning curve is a bit steeper.

I have had mine about 18 mos. now and I love it. Use it almost everyday. Any more questions contact me privately.

Steve I.
Trinity Embroidery

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 15:30:53 UT
From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amayausers.com] Re: Digitized Letterman Jacket Back Designs

This message was posted by Sandra Walker on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/6/61.html#000011

Thanks to everyone who responded to my post about Letterman jackets; I appreciate the input!
Roland, I'll have a look at the Sanmar work jackets too.

Happy Sewing
Sandra Walker

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 15:36:25 UT
From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amayausers.com] Re: Need Tackle Twill help ASAP!

This message was posted by sewsew7 on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/466.html#000003

Good day everyone. I am having a bit of a time with a tackle twill job that I am suppose to do. I have worked with tackle twill before, but there was always a sew file that went along with it. Now I need to apply a stahl's NHL custom player name to the back of a jersey. It is three layers deep, with each layer getting skinnier as you stack them. Stahl's does not create sew files for this product because the fonts change too often. I am currently working in design shop, version 70.112 and the only way i can think of to do this is to scan the letters in and try to digitize over top of that. I have been trying to get this done all weekend, but when I test sew my design and place the tackle twill over the stitch file, they do not match up. Anyone have any suggestions on how to do this easier and more effectively? All your suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:04:54 UT
From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amayausers.com] Re: Carhartt shirts

This message was posted by embroidered blessings on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/4/309.html

I have a customer looking for Carhartt shirts- henleys w/pockets and t-shirts. Can anyone tell me where to find this brand wholesale? Thanks in advance!

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:28:40 UT
From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This message was posted by AmayaGB on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/466.html#000004

Hi, to answer your question about the tackle twill, since you already have the die cut lettering, I would scan them in as you already have, but unfortunately the images don't always come through as exact acutal size. The answer is to resize the image while using your ruler tool to make it the exact size of your lettering, then you can go ahead and do your digitizing and that should work. Another really slick option is to scan it in as a .jpg and then import it into Corel Draw and use the trace program to create a vector image of the lettering. Once againg you will want to actually measure it to be sure that it is the exact size of your actual letters before you trace it. Once you have this vector image it is a single click in Design shop using the change element type tool to create an applique from the image. Keep in mind that the single line columns produced by doing this procedure may need some tweeking, but all in all it is a real time saver.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:56:45 UT
From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amayausers.com] Re: Reflective Thread

This message was posted by Ballyhoo on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/8/62.html#000001

The original request was posted 1/2/07 but there are no responses. I am looking for reflective thread for an EMS group. Anyone know where to find this? Thanks.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 18:06:21 UT
From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amayausers.com] Re: how to make background appear?

This message was posted by Fabrications on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/490.html

I have a background fabric set behind the design in DSPro+. How can I get that same background to appear when I save the file as a jpg or similar graphic file?
A client would like to see how the design will look on the fabric.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 18:09:30 UT
From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This message was posted by JoshEllsworth on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/11/15.html#000002

I would agree and say that the Ioline 300 model is ideal for higher volume fabric cutting and a bit more convenient with creating the sew file.

However, the GX will handle the pressure sensitive twill and offer more flexibility in cutting heat applied films by the roll.

Basically its the difference between a flat bed style cutter and a roll style.

I am not to familiar with the DS Pro+ software, so I cannot provide much insight there.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:56:45 UT
From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 18:51:39 UT
From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This message was posted by AmayaGB on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/490.html#000001

Hi Janet,
what we do is just use the print screen button on the keyboard and then paste that into a third party graphic program and crop off what you do not want and then save it as a jpeg. Hope that helps.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 19:02:19 UT
From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This message was posted by Captain Gold on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/8/62.html#000002

I don't know if this will help or not, but the reflective thread is made by 3M. I have no idea where to find it, but at least with the manufacturer your search might be easier.

Connie

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 19:08:25 UT
From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This message was posted by Body Cover on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/8/62.html#000003

http://www.ysm.cn/en/pro.asp?cateid=21

http://www.sulky.com/thread/thread_sliver.php

These are the only links I could find,
the problem I see would be for truly reflective thread it has to be embedded with glass beads, which is what is used on all real reflective materials, I see that it is made but I could only imagine how thick it would be qand how fast it would chew up the eye of the needle.

If you get some let us know how it worked.

Ron

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 19:24:31 UT
From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This message was posted by Dorothy Compton on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/490.html#000002

I don't know if there is a way in DS but you can always take a screen shot (ALT + Prnt Scrn) and paste it the copy in a graphics program (CTRL + V), crop and save as a jpeg.

Dorothy Compton, Owner
Bee Embroidered
www.BeeEmbroidered.com (http://www.BeeEmbroidered.com)
(916) 635-7467

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:04:54 UT
From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 21:13:49 UT
From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amayausers.com] Re: Patches

This message was posted by Carolyn on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/6/89.html

Hello everyone, I am looking for patches that will fit on the back of motocyle jackets. The straight or curved ones. I hope someone gets what i am talking about. I am probably not describing them correctly.

Please help

Carolyn

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 22:09:51 UT
From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This message was posted by Aaron on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/6/89.html#000001

Carolyn,

Rather than finding the pre-made patches and trying to line the design up and sew on them why not just get the patch material, sew the design and sew a walk stitch outline in the shape you want the patch around the design and then send to off to have the border (merrow) done. I do this for my patches and its way easier than sewing on pre-made patches.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 22:10:40 UT
From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This message was posted by Aaron on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/490.html#000003

When you save a design in DS as a jpg it retains the color of the background.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 15:22:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: Shellie Stewart <xpressions113@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Where do you send it to have the border done?
 Shellie :o)
 Xpressions
 Carson City NV

Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 22:35:39 UT
From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This message was posted by Body Cover on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/4/309.html#000001

This subject has come up before, and I see no one has answered you, but Carhartt will not sell wholesale unlesds you have a storfront or the only one in the territory or any number of things that they require, the best answer is to find a replacement that's similiar, or have the customer purchase at retail and you make money on emb. only with no out of pocket costs. or try to find someone who sells and work out a deal to order through them, although I think you will be dissapointed since I don't beleive they operate like the normal wharehouse style vendor that we are used to in this industry, these retailers place there order up to 6 months in advance aqnd recieve it later, which is why there often is the "what we've got is all we have" mentality.

It doesn't make the customer happy but we all have to learn that we can't be everything to everybody, and that not everything can be easily attained at wholesale prices. and if they want it they should just buy it bring it in and have it embroidered. that way it is up to the customer to hunt down all the right sizes and colors. one or two times of this and I usually have people willing to listen to alternatives at that point! and don't forget to charge more for embroidering on provided goods since you don't make any mark up on the blanks.

Good Luck,

Ron

------------------------------

From: "Sandra Walker" <aece@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [amayausers.com] current software?
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:49:33 -0500

I have an Amaya (NOT an XT) and just got a software update in the mail: DS 7.00.114 and OS 7.00.115. Is this the right version for me? I saw the current software listed on the Amaya users site as 7.00.056. Very confused!
Thanks!
Sandra Walker
A&E Clothing and Embroidery
We make your life more colorful...and your business more visible!
936-588-1015  800-291-6953
Montgomery, Texas
Member, Greater Conroe/Lake Conroe Area Chamber of Commerce
and Montgomery County Professionals
www.companycasuals.com/aeclothing

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 15:57:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jo Leftwich <leftwichjo@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [amayausers.com] Re: current software?

Those are the updates I got.
JO

Jo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Just Sew It Custom Embroidery
14893 Deer Run Rd
Delta, Colorado 81416
<www.justsewitllc.com>
970-874-7899

------------------------------

From: "Linen Barn" <linen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 16:15:32 -0700

I send mine to Salem Emblem Shop in Salem, OR since they are close to me and fairly close to you Shellir but anyone looking for someone to merrow thats not on the West Coast can probably find a patch maker in their area that offers this service.
Aaron Sargent
The Linen Barn
linen@xxxxxxxxxxx
541-770-2957
Medford, OR
----- Original Message ----- From: Shellie Stewart

From: "Linen Barn" <linen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 16:20:20 -0700

Those are current. TYhe website shoes 7.00.112 as the current version but the 114 and 115 are new so we haven't had a chance to update the website yet. I am actually running 112 still and also trying to run 2008 but its a little buggy on my computer right now.
Aaron Sargent
The Linen Barn
linen@xxxxxxxxxxx
541-770-2957
Medford, OR
----- Original Message ----- From: Sandra Walker

Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 23:22:46 UT
From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This message was posted by KNC Designs on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/11/15.html#000003

Well it looks like you can go about this a couple of ways.(1)You can create your shape of the object you want to cut as a jpeg. in Design shop and then import into Roland cut studio and trace the outline.(2) You can create a vector in Corel add a outline and cut straight from Corel.Then import that vector into Design shop and create your stitch outline from that vector.I am sure there are other ways to do this but these are the ways I have found so far.I dont think there is a way to save a file that the Roland cut studio likes other than a jpeg. in Design shop. Oh and welcome aboard Josh.

               Curtis

------------------------------

From: "Sandra Walker" <aece@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 18:52:46 -0500

Thanks everybody.
Now I'm afraid to install .114 & .115 b/c Aaron mentioned some bugs...maybe I'll just stick with .112
----- Original Message ----- From: Linen Barn

From: "Linen Barn" <linen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 16:59:24 -0700

Sandra,
The bugs are in the 2008 version that is still in testing. Ver 114 and 115 are fine to load so don't be afraid. SOrry if I confused anyone else. I run 2 DS programs, 1 is the released version and one is the beta test one that we are getting ready so it can be released. So just to verify ver 114 and 115 are just fine so don't be leary or loading them.

Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 00:42:26 UT
From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amayausers.com] Re: Machine Insurance

This message was posted by Greenwing on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/367.html

I hope this is Ok to ask here, I was hopeing that someone would share where a person could get insurance on the machines, I am new to this and find the local agents are not very comfortable with this.
Thanks in advance for any leads.
Jerome

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 01:13:16 UT
From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This message was posted by Wishes on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/487.html#000005

XT's are made in Plano Texas. The Melco office is outside of Denver. They develop the software and are the people you talk to when calling for assistance. I don't know about the thread.
Margaret

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 02:03:33 UT
From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This message was posted by Wishes on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/4/309.html#000002

http://www.gladcosupply.com/Contact.html Gladco will work with you and have the best prices I could find. They are very nice, will send you quotes if you tell them the style number you want.
Margaret

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 02:31:55 UT
From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amayausers.com] Re: stepper error

This message was posted by EEAmayaTech on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/366.html#000005

Hi Dan, what Debbie suggested should have fixed your problem. Can you be more specific on what it does to your design? And is it the "Selector Stepper Index Error, Off Index while sewing?

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 02:55:50 UT
From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This message was posted by EEAmayaTech on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/367.html#000001

I have State Farm, just tell them it is an industrial sewing machine on Steroids.

Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 03:08:08 UT
From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This message was posted by JoshEllsworth on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/11/15.html#000004

I know in other applique programs I have recommended exporting from Roland Cut Studio as a plt file - then in turn importing that into your applique program.

Thanks for the welcome:)  Glad to be here.