[amayausers.com] Re: a LOT of thread breaks and some needle breaks

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 21:20:00 UT

This message was posted by Stitch This Embroidery on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO
NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking
here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1345.html

I am trying to stitch names on backpack straps. I am using Design Shop Old
English font.  No funny twists or tweaks.  The strap on the backpack is a
little padded and thick(er).  I have raised my presser foot all the way up
because the straps are so padded, I have also tried going down with the presser
foot one click at at time just in the even it was too high.  I have switched
needles, needle numbers (from 8 to 3) just trying anything to get it to work. I
have put my material thickness in Amaya OS from 15-25.  I have lubed my rollers
that the thread goes through. I have changed bobbin thread, checked the
distance between the little arm thing in front of the bobbin basket, oiled my
bobbin basket holder, sprayed air to remove lint, etc.  Just a general cleaning
and lubing. Still tons of thread breaks, quite a few needle breaks.  I am using
the 16 needle charcoal gray Amaya machine. I am using tear away backing. I have
tried 2-4 layers of backing during the fiasco. I am at a lo
 ss and have to deliver 25 bags in the morning.  Please help.