[amayausers.com] Re: Z AXIS ERROR CONTINUES after full lubrication

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 12:02:33 UT

This message was posted by amayaki on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1358.html

My XT, using DL9, has been running quite well, when, suddenly, whilst sewing
out ordinary text, I got grinding noise,then 'z axis error message'. The
thread, at change, began to SNAP, leaving about 3" in and/or around the bobbin
casing (the grinding noise I assume. To complete the 1-colour sew-out, I had to
nurse the machine through each letter, remove frame to better see and remove
the 3" of snapped-off thread. The sew-out quality was fine, and I got the work
finished, but I have been unable to remedy the problem.

Searched archives, read relevant  Z axis posts, followed Rod Springer's advise
to do a full lubrication (the machine had just had its 4,000,000 stitch lube a
few days earlier, with perfect sew-outs before this incident with z axis).
After the lube,the sewing was excellent for a several seconds, but the thread
snapping continues, so I have not sewn any more, and I'm up a creek, without a
paddle! I have rung my local tech who said he'll get back to me.

Is there a known 'fix' for this problem?

BTW, I could not find Z AXIS as a heading in the HELP file of Amaya OS, and am
grateful for previous responses on this discussion board, that guided me to the
correct part of the Amaya Help files Thank you