[amayausers.com] Re: Sewing trouble after a timeout error

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 00:25:59 UT

This message was posted by bluefoxprints on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1357.html

Hello,

I am hoping to find some help about a problem with one of our two machines,
which are both Amaya XTs.

Last week, at the end of a sewout, I returned to the machine to change the
items out, and I noticed an error on the screen.  I wish I could remember
exactly what it said, but it was something about a timeout error on return to
origin.  Thread in needle 4 (the color it was sewing) was broken.  I closed the
error window and cycled the machine on and off.

When the machine came back online, I went to re-thread needle 4, and I saw that
the thread from needle 3 had pulled loose from the needle during the sewout and
had gotten jammed in the workings of needle 4.  This has not happened in the
many years we've had these machines.  The thread was jammed somewhere in the
space under the take-up lever, toward the top of the groove in the plastic
cover.  I worked it loose and put another item on to sew, but the machine will
not now sew.  It goes about 10 stitches or so, and then the thread breaks off
clean.  Sometimes, as it starts to sew, it seems as though the bobbin is not
catching, and sometimes, it seems the bobbin is catching and then the thread
breaks.  When I take the work out of the machine, the bobbin thread is
sometimes hanging out of the case in a loop.  I have tried sewing on a
different needle than the one that caused the error.

My manager is extremely good with machines, and he's looked in there for jams
and anything wrong.  The only thing we've been able to find is that the bobbin
assembly didn't look right when we compared it with the other machine.  There
is a pointy piece on top of the assembly, and it was a little to the left
compared to the other machine.  He fixed that, but the machine is still not
sewing correctly.  It is also making a metallic grating noise when it does try
to sew.

If anybody has any ideas about where we can look to solve the problem, they
would sure be welcome.  Our shop is in a fairly remote area on an island, and
the nearest tech is quite far away.

Thanks,

Lisa Harkins, Blue Fox Prints