[amayausers] Re: Yupoong Flexfit

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 08:11:44 -0400

Connie...this is one order you have to play with carefully, if you don't
really know the customer and haven't done business with them before.
I"ve had many, many potential customers (before we started embroidery) that
wanted screenprinting done on sweats, etc.-and ask for 'quantity' pricing, 3
doz., 6 doz., etc....and then say they 'only' want a couple items 'to start
with' and then they'd be back for the rest....and NOT ONCE, EVER did they
come back....when we told them that the QUANTITY ORDERED determined the
PRICE EACH...not the 'potential' order. And setup/screen charge would be
UPFRONT, not 'with the big batch'. More than once we would quote for this
size order, and have the customer call us in a week and say 'I've got your
quote of XX $ per sweat shirt, and I only want 6-don't need 36...please
print them'. Even had clients try to pull that line on magnetic signs or
banners-get a 'bulk' price and somehow thing we'd still give them 'bulk'
price for ONE item.
I know with the AMaya once your digitizing is done the worst of the job is
over-but YOU have to consider YOUR TIME in resetting the machine from flat
to hat or vice versa, and hooping time, AND buying the hats or whatever in
SMALL lots or even singles, and pay freight. (unless you are stocking enough
to do this all the time). Don't give your time away-unless the customer's
order is part of a good account-then treat it as a 'retail' order-EACH time
they come in...or get them to go for a full dozen.
Good luck!
Roland