[amayausers.com] Re: XT won't power up

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 05:42:44 UT

This message was posted by The Embroidery Authority on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE
DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by
clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1215.html#000009

Will,
Just so you know, there are fuses before the power supply but after the power
cord.  I have never seen any blown in all my years as a tech but that doesn't
rule them out as a possibility.

It's also possible to have a bad power cord.  The Amaya uses a standard PC
power cord so make sure you rule this out.

I've also seen a power supply that was so filled with dust that it was not
allowed to be kept cool so it wasn't working correctly.  Thoroughly cleaned it
out and the machine has been working for fine for over a year and a half.  (I
saw this customer recently for something else.)

That's not to say that while you were out, lightening may have hit your
house/business and took out the power supply with a surge.  If it's determined
that both your power supply AND main board aren't working correctly, you might
want to consider an insurance claim (depending on your deductible).

If your power supply is the only problem, $341 is not a bad price as I remember
them to have been $400 for many years.  So there's a $60 savings to start off
with.  If you call a tech and a power supply is not needed, you may still come
out ahead.  How close is your local tech??  Where exactly is Saginaw??

Ed