[amayausers.com] Re: XT not catching bobbin thread

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 06:36:42 UT

This message was posted by The Embroidery Authority on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE
DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by
clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/10/98.html#000003

Margaret,
The reason Rod's referring to the part of the trimmer system, called the
selector, is because if the bobbin isn't being caught by the selector
correctly, then it will be trimmed too short.  Once the tail of the bobbin is
cut too short, it will be very difficult, if at all possible, for the top
thread to "pick it up".  Which I believe was your original problem.
Since we're talking about bobbins here, you could also experience a similar
situation if your bobbin tension is too tight.

Have you made any progress since your original post???

Ed