[amayausers.com] Re: Wholesale Pricing Job

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 16:21:33 UT

This message was posted by Donald on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/10/123.html

I wanted to get some input if possible. I have been asked to bid on a job of
embroidering for a Home Health care company. The embroider they used is going
out of business. I am in a town 34 miles away. They had it set up before that
there tiems to be embroider were picked up once a week and returned the next
week. This means i would have to make arrangements to pick up the articles and
return them. This might not be too big a problem since one of the emplyees
lives in the same town as me. I am just not sure if this is a good practice to
get started.
   The designs they use mainly are left chest logos one has 6k stiches and the
other 14k stiches. To this you would have to add a name also in text. this
would be able to be under the logo, so only one hooping is required. But this
would add to the stitch count. How would you go about pricing this? In visiting
with the company they stated they would like to get wholesale pricing since
they are selling this out of there store. I am not sure on the volume of work
this would bring in. I have visited with the embroidery store that is going out
of business, and was told some weeks ther would be 3-4 sacks of items to be
completed and some weeks nothing. They also do sale to the local college
nursing dept. and was told at the start of school there could be around 100
shirts for this order. They would give notice and time to complete an order of
this size.
    I am fairly new to this business and am also a screenprinter. Some times i
think my pricing is too low now I would hate to shoot my self in the foot and
give a price quote and bid and find out that i am not making any money. Any
advice would be appriciated and if you would like send me a private massage as
a response. I Thank all the respond on this site I have learned more here than
any place else.

Donald