[amayausers.com] Re: Where do I begin?

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 23:20:13 UT

This message was posted by Steve on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/7/84.html#000003

I started off with a machine from someone who was going out of business that
was doing embroidery part-time (I do it part-time too but was already familar
with embroidery since my parents did it for 12 years.)
I didn't want to have a lot of money tied up in a new machine should the
business fail. I ended up paying it off within 2 years and still have it.
I agree with starting off with a reconditioned machine since you want to start
part-time. There are a couple listed on Melco's website but I would call your
sales rep. I think training comes with a reconditioned machine but like Judy
said, travel and hotel is out of your pocket. If you buy it, I would 'play'
with the machine before going to training. There is a lot to learn and it helps
to know some basics so your brain isn't overloaded.
It would be difficult for someone to learn embroidery without going to training
if you have never done it before. They will show you how to properly hoop
items, the software, as well as the machine.