[amayausers.com] Re: WACF vs. regular frame

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 20:39:25 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/904.html#000003

The CCF frame (original type) is totally different than the WACF frame as to
how it holds the caps. We use nothing but the CCF and have never had a cap
shift, but can't do visors-I"ve tried-end up with no usable area to sew! Well,
maybe half an inch...which won't do. The WACF uses the steel 'band' to hold the
hats down and one of these days I'm going to follow Ed's and several other's
advice and see if I can get it to work. I can't see how there would be any
slippage with the WACF-that toothed band really grabs. The CCF frame uses more
of a 'bar clamp' holding system and if the hat is pulled down tight before
applying it-there isn't any movement.