[amayausers.com] Re: Trim/Connectors

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 15:51:53 UT

This message was posted by Ballyhoo on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/210.html

I just got a file from a digitizer who uses Wilcom and sends .EXP files.  When
I open the file with DesignShop Pro+ there are long connector stitches all over
the place and not placed well.  When I complained, I was told that there are
trims set and there are no connector stitches in the design.  I converted the
file to wire frame and sure enough, the trims are there.  However, when
converting to wire frame, the stitch count went from 7.6K to 9.5K and the
design looks (and sews) much more poorly than the .EXP file.  I turned off the
"View Connectors" but they were still there.  I set the trim if connector
greater than to a small number and they still would not go away.  Then the
digitizer sent me a .DST file to try.  This had the same results.  Is there any
way to find these trims in the .EXP file?  The OS is set to trim on a jump
count of 3.  Thanks.

David
Ballyhoo!
Arlington VA