[amayausers] Re: Track Uniforms

  • From: "O'Connor & Co. Custom Embroidery" <oconnorco@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 19:36:18 -0400

Hello and welcome!
I'm anxious to see the other responses to this, as I have done some
"stretchy" fabrics and spandex with varying degrees of success. I have a
theory at this point of how to get more consistent success, but I haven't
had the order on which to try it:
I think the trick is to get your stabilizer of choice ABSOLUTELY taut in the
hoop while only stretching the spandex to its approximate final state.
Perhaps a few dots of chalk or marker placed in position for the design, and
measure the spacing with the garment being worn, trying to match that
spacing when it is in the hoop?

Like I said, just ideas, and I look forward to seeing some others.
-david O.