[amayausers.com] Re: Tie In/Tie Off, Element

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 22:42:41 UT

This message was posted by Ballyhoo on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1590.html

The help is not helpful in DS9.  It says that checking "Always" will insert a
tie in and/or tie out for each element.  "Element" is never defined.  I
generally know what an element is... my question is really about text.  Is each
letter an element or is the whole text in a text box an element?  This is a
concern when manually clipping connector stitches between letters.  It is also
a problem on larger letters when I want to clip the connector between the base
part of an "i" or "j" and the dot.  Then there is the issue of Auto Tie.  Is it
possible to get a double tie if Only When Necessary is checked and Auto Tie is
checked, or is DS9 smart enough to resolve this.

David Sklar
Ballyhoo!
Arlington, VA