[amayausers.com] Re: Thread Breaks On All Needles

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 01:30:44 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/611/2.html#000017

Ben,

You said...........

3. Presser foot height is set according to the garment.

8. Machine Lubrication: Machine was just lubricated except for the Red and
Yellow Rollers since I need to replace a few and waiting for parts. (However,
there are no noticeable cuts or grooves on the rollers.)

Chef coats with tear-a-way backing.....set according to the garment.....what
setting do you have? All the way down, up 1 click, up two clicks, 3, 4...?
Probably with this type of garment and tear-a-way backing I probably would not
go more than 1 click up and maybe, if having any issues with the design, all
the way down....that is unless the presser foot showed signs of pounding the
cloth and leaving a footprint. Garments like sweatshirts, sweaters, etc...need
to have the presser foot compressing the garment and just not touching the top
of the material..

If the rollers are not nicked, grooved or damaged, or the hubs have not been
damaged from lack of lubrication, why are you replacing them? Some get
discolored from the thread but this does not hurt them. If they are dirty, wash
them in warm soapy water and relube them but also clean out the recess pockets
on the machine ....as ED mentioned, the new V9 software has a counter for each
roller/needle combination now. Much better, but still not fool proof, but 1000%
better in most regards...my understanding is that the timer is still set to 4
million stitches, but if one ever makes it that far and a pop-up timer is
triggered, then any others that have exceeded 2.5 million stitches will also be
triggered for lubrication...much better.

A clue here is #5...you said....
5. The design in question that this started with was digitized by someone other
then my digitizer and I have some problems with the smaller font but not
always. The design is not dense.

I have some problems with the smaller font....how big...what font? Is this an
OFM design, EXP? Wireframed EXP? What are the column widths in the lettering we
are dealing with. What densities? Any pull comps added, if so how much?

If this is a sensitive design, as far as the lettering to begin with, then
anything that affects the operation of the machine will compound the problems,
sometimes dramatially. As you said, (quote)....

"After that isssue I did a needle calibration and things worked good. Just in
the past couple of days this started. I did another needle calibration today
and had a few issues but not as bad as the other day."

Small changes in the machine appear to be affecting the design sewout....It
would pobably be in your best interest to edit the problem issues out of the
lettering so the machine can run more efficiently. 1100 to 1200, like John
said, is the norm for these machines and they will run very well there, as long
as the design is properly digitized and the machine is well cared for. Caps
will sew at 1200 just as well using the same criteria.....

 Yea...I know, you are thinking ...Gheesh! This guy sure asks a lot of
questions!! But that is just the way my mind works...gotta know the facts man,
the more the better.

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer