[amayausers.com] Re: Thread Breaks On All Needles

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 17:02:27 UT

This message was posted by Greenwing on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/611/2.html#000020

In the original training that Melco gives to Owners they STRESSED that the
rotary hook NEEDs to be oiled on a min of a daily basis and about every 4 hours
of operation. this is just with 1 drop of Oil applied to the area of the hook
that is indicated in the regular hook maintenance.
This is to Extend the hook life.
This was also the message that was passed along in the Technicians training
that I took with Melco.
The Timers are ONLY the Minimum. that MUST be done to up hold your warranty.

as far as extra oil making a mess. Use a Pin point/Needle point oiler Not the
plastic tip on some oil bottles they deliver too much oil.

If your using Melco's oil you should not have an issue. I have not noticed Any
build up of oil. and there are a lot of times I oil and stitch one small sample
and then nothing every day for a week and I have no excess oil. that is 7
oilings a week and no sign of excess oil.

You must remember there is no resivour for the oil in your hook like there is
in a car. so that example does not actually work in this case.