[amayausers] Re: Thread Break and Machine Jump

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 14:58:25 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/72.html#000005

You'll get used to your red 'baby' and soon will know just from the sound what
the thread and needle is doing-we can identify when the thread hasn't broken
but has frayed and made an unraveling knot travel up the thread.
Anytime we get funky thread problems (and here's a scary one-the thread is
STILL sewn down, in the image...and yet is not through the eye of the needle-no
break....wooweeoooweeoooo....)
we start with checking the needle tip for a burr, slide your fingernail down
the needle-not up. Then check for 'centering' the needle using the commands in
settings-make sure the needle isn't rubbing the needleplate. Final setting is
to check the pressor foot position-with the hooped fabric in place. I
constantly forget to change this and may run 3-4 different items for the same
job- sweat shirt, pique shirt, jacket, etc. and with the wrong pressor foot
setting, the thread can loop around the needle easily.. Checking these 3 things
can save a lot of thread breaks or fraying or looping problems.