[amayausers.com] Re: Thanks Rod

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 21:46:20 UT

This message was posted by Mary Bowser on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1129.html#000009

It was the Thread Feeder Gear that was broken. My machine had been making the
loud clicking sound every once in awhile for months, guess it finally broke
some teeth off. My husband was able to change it with the help of a technician.
So, this time I had just installed OS V9 and it was the first time I ran the
machine and the clicking started I looked on the message board to find out what
to do. Advancing the thread somehow lines up the Thread Feeder Gear with the
thread feeders. The clicking is the gear sliding from needle to needle when the
gears aren't lined up. It just took awhile for the gear to finally break. And
when that happens, you can't sew :-(