[amayausers.com] Re: Tension adjustments

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 20:19:57 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/984.html#000014

Any time we get a lot of false bobbin breaks on a design we whip out the backup
bobbin case loaded with a magnetic bobbin and pop it right in...while that's
running take the original bobbin out, clean the case, run a card under the
metal tab, brush and blow it out, then double check the drop. If I didn't have
several boxes of regular bobbins to use up I'd be doing nothing but
magnetic...much easier and faster to use! I have even sold some boxes of
bobbins to quilt makers-what we paid Melco is way less than they pay at the
quilt supplier so I'm getting rid of them that way...when we started with Amaya
we thought we'd go through a lot of supplies and ordered stuff when it was on
sale, etc.-and still are using supplies we bought 4 years ago! Just not as busy
as we hoped...but when we first tried the magnetic bobbins everyone told us
'no-no-no...don't use them, bad-bad-bad'...now the stories have changed and
most everyone is using them. Seems that until Melco started selling them
  they were bad, just like some of the frame systems...once Melco decided to
sell things-suddenly they are okay to use...
less looping, far fewer false bobbin breaks, even stitching, great for small
lettering...best thing we ever found for sewing hats...what can I say-magnetic
bobbins work for me!
Roland