[amayausers.com] Re: Tension adjustments

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 18:40:57 UT

This message was posted by Pro Image on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/984.html

I have had my AMAYAs for about 5 years now. I have learned a lot about
embroidery through these boards and through my experience. I do not post a lot
but I am a lurker seeking and gleaning information.
I used to work in the apparel business (20 years) and around a lot of sewing
machines but nothing like an AMAYA.
Here's my question. Many of the so called experts seem to indicate that the
proper type of tension of a column should appear and show underneath the satin
column - 1/3 of top thread on the left, 1/3 of bobbin in the center and 1/3 of
top thread on the right. On my settings that I have for my AMAYA which I only
ever adjust the acti-feed and lower limit, I can not achieve this, the bobbin
thread is never 1/3 in is always less. Is there a way to adjust the tension or
the feed. I know that the engineering of the AMAYA was to feed the proper
amount of thread without using the old type of tension controls found on other
machines and typical sewing machines.
The reason that I ask this question is that I have been told to check my
tension of my machine to help reduce some of the puckering.
I look forward to any insight into this.