[amayausers.com] Re: Tech question

  • From: e3m@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 16:59:18 +0000

Darlene,
Let's see....  Only happens on a "large Jacket Back Design".....  3/4 of the way thru......

My guess is that during this large design which is taking a long time to sew, and possibly nobody is sitting at the PC while it's sewing, the computer is not being disturbed.  And when the computer is not being disturbed for a specified amount of time, the operating system will put the hard drive into what's known as "sleep mode" or "hibernation".  When this happens, you lose connection with your machine and this can cause a multitude of problems.

In short, make sure "sleep mode" is set to "NEVER".
Which Window's operating system do you have on your PC???  (XP, Vista, Windows 7)

Ed Orantes
504-258-6260
-------------- Original message from Darlene Weber <image_maker31@xxxxxxxxx>: --------------

I have been having an issue with my Big Red machine loosing connection while sewing a large jacket back design.  It ususally will get about 3/4 way thru the design and doesn't do it on all of the orders, just once in awhile.  The propblem is, it usually is a damaged item!  I have done everything that Melco has directed me and it has done it again.

Any techs have any other advice??

Thanks!