[amayausers] Re: Stitch Control

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 13:57:26 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/37.html#000001

I have the same problem and no idea how to stop it. I was told by a tech at
Melco one time that if the entry and exit points are 'crossed' this will set up
a retrace. When it really annoys me or causes problems, I go in and trace it
manually with a normal walk stitch and delete the original outline-and do not
let my ends 'cross'.
For the puckering-without a backing you are going to get puckering on the
nylon, period. You can try setting a higher MT setting-2 is pretty tight...but
without the backing it is going to pull the threads up tight-and there's your
pucker.
I have heard of a water soluably backing-similar to your standard thick backing
material but it dissolves in water-heavier than solvy, but then you have to
wash the flag. Probably not what you want to do. All the flags I have seen with
embroidery on them use the applique method, but the tack down stitching is not
a tight stitch-very spaced out-probably prevents the puckering. You'll have to
experiment with the settings for your stitch length if no one else jumps in
here that has done it.