[amayausers] Re: Smallest Font

  • From: "Don Hanson" <terradon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 11:05:33 -0500

>>>Is there a trick to using smaller needles?<<<

The smaller the needle, the smaller the eye. When the diameter of the thread
is larger than the diameter of the eye, too much friction causes thread
and/or needle breaks. So, the secret to using smaller needles is to use
thinner thread. 60wt is thinner (some say about 1/2) than 40wt. We view 60wt
thread and #9 needles as specialty items for small detail and small
lettering only. The increased density needed for larger elements raises the
stitch count dramatically. In the one case that we tried redoing the entire
design in 60wt, the count doubled.

Don Hanson
Terradon Embroidery
don@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx