[amayausers] Small needles and thread

  • From: "Body Cover" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 13:57:46 -0800

Hey All, just took a break from the Christmas
onslaught to send out some info.

for those who, like myself had been wondering
if trying a 60 wt thread and a 65-9 needle is worth it.
I had ordered both and had a chance to play with it today.

A customer has a digitizing his logo way too small in my opinion.
The whole thing is 2.2 high and 1.9 wide.
The pictures attached are the bottom third  I used
a ruler so you can grasp how small this is.
It is on black twill material.
It is the first attempt at digitizing it, and the way we work
it is, digitize it, sew it, refine it, sew it, do we need more?
Yes, No - then do the job.

anyway the first sample is the raw file sewn out with 75-11 needles and
standard 40 wt Arc poly at 1200 spm MT 4 and old black rollers.

the only change on version 2 is a 65-9 needle and 60 wt Gunold Poly thread.
I was amazed at how cleanly it sewed. Granted it need a lot of work, but not
near
as much as the first version needed.

I am a firm believer, now.
Oh, and for those who are interested
This is hand digitized by, myself at 5.5 density with a centerwalk
underlay at 15pt stitch length.
Letter height is right at 1/8 " on the bottom line.

Just an FYI for anyone interested
hope it sheds some light on the subject.

Happy Holidays

Ron Vinyard
Body Cover / Magic Stitches
1-888-435-0176