[amayausers.com] Re: Slim Line Hoop Definition Issues

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 13:50:35 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/496.html#000006

The needle plate extends far enough beyond the 'needle hole' that the slimline
frame can run into the edge of the plate even though you aren't up to the sew
limit line...with lightweight material and the hoop adjusted right (lifting UP
at a slight angle) it normally would clear the needle plate. With a heavy
jacket or bag, the frame is being pulled down and then it will run into it.
With your slimline hoop on the machine, and the machine TURNED OFF, no
power...take the hoop 'bar' and move it around and watch the needle plate. It
should clear it no problem...now push DOWN on the slimline hoop, and move it
around-you'll see how it can run into that needle plate yet there is plenty of
'space' left to sew in.
The slimline clamp system is great, but it just isn't strong enough for heavy
loads so you have to help it out. Heavy totes we do are in small quantity, so
one of us just sits in front of the Amaya and actually hold the bag up from
underneath. One of these days I'll build a support table-I have the material to
do it, just keep forgetting!
Roland