[amayausers.com] Re: Service Manual

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 00:24:21 UT

This message was posted by Christine on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/740.html#000004

Hi All here who are trying to help me - much thanks.

I have had further issues which have been documented along the way and a couple
on this forum and more recently on the MelcoWorld forum.

I am in Australia so your very kind and thoughtful suggestion of help is most
appreciated.  Unfortunately there is one distributor here who is also the
"main" techie and I believe he has someone in Queensland whom I have never met
or seen (I live in Tasmania).

My disappointment is that there has been no concern at all about these issues
and though we suggested up front when the machine started doing the most weird
things (had a couple of motherboards changed etc, bits falling out of the
machine, needle carriage blasting across the sewing field and clamping down on
hoops and grabber) that perhaps it should be swapped and returned to Melco so
that they could analyse whatever the problems may be - we were told - its not a
problem.  Obviously, though, from what you have said our techie should have
been visiting us in shorter periods than 18 months (6 months late for each
service) to upgrade the machine to the latest and surest working order.  We
just got suggestions for "tweaking" parameters.

I just want to be able to run a small business and for the last 2.5 years have
earned AU200.00 approx (US$120.00) - well I suppose that's a small business.

I have stocks of shirts - all black that I had ordered for a customer that -I-
ended up having to cancel the order on me because the machine would only stitch
out one or at best 2 of the design acceptably.  Not good business practice but
what could I do?

I provided a free service to one customer who wanted -his- shirts embroidered.
The test stitch worked reasonably and the customer was happy with the sample;
but the inconsistent nature of the machine caused ripping of two of the shirts
that were worth $80 each (that is australian dollars).  Of course the techie
doesn't really care - after all according to the contract when we purchased he
is not responsible for any of my loss of earnings.  However if the machine was
only "delivered" and not "installed" to work as it was intended then there
could well be a an interpretation here.

He (techie) finally arrived four weeks ago (after 18 months and only that we
contacted him) and I believe I have a machine that works the way it was
supposed to when first installed (though 8 z-axis errors occurred after 14 days
of use - the z-axis motor was replaced).  Which absolutely proves that he did
not INSTALL the machine properly in the first place.  I think this installation
has done Melco and the Amaya XT a great disservice - after all people only talk
about their experiences.

The saddest thing is I had about 10 customers before the machine was even
delivered and have lost them - I don't think I will be able to get them back
again even now that the machine "seems" to be working.  A couple of things I
did manage to get out (much wasted thread, needles, stabilisers, shirts and
depleted confidence) later were part of the "earnings".

I am sorry if the above is a bit disjointed which is most probably due to a lot
of frustration that has now turned into anger.

Cheers