[amayausers.com] Re: Selector Stepper Index Error

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 15:27:26 UT

This message was posted by Mr. Sew & Sew on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/286.html#000006

SewSew7 -

the two main ones were to take off the needle plate and give a good cleaning
underneath.  There was some built up gunk in the back of the area and that
could keep the selector from getting back to "home".  The other is what Rod
explained above.  I ran the selector and trimmers through the test cycle
several times.  It hasn't gone away completely, but I can go through a few runs
sometimes before it pops up.  I have a tech coming out in the next week or so,
and if I find more I will let you know.  Either way, the machine keeps running
so I view this as a Check Engine Light.  You know something isn't totally
right, but you can keep driving.

Just spoke to Ed for 15 minutes about this and some other issues.  Ed's a funny
funny guy, but looks aren't everything my Momma told me.