[amayausers.com] Re: Saving A Design w/trims

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 18:50:56 UT

This message was posted by The Embroidery Authority on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE
DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by
clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/481.html#000002

Linda,
Okay, I just learned this about the PR600 from the owner's manual:
Types of embroidery data that can be used
? Only .pes, .phc and .dst embroidery data files can be used with this machine.

So you can't use the .EXP files on your six needle machine.

UPDATE!!!!!

Linda,
I just found out that the PR600 has a default setting where if the machine sees
a stitch longer than 50 points (5mm or approx. .2"), then it will automatically
trim that stitch.
So here's what I'm thinking....
Save your .OFM design as a .DST format and close the design.  Then open that
.DST design back in Design Shop and on the right hand side of the screen in the
Stitches window, scroll down the screen and find all of the Jump Stitches that
are grouped where you would want your trim to be.  These stitch coordinates are
followed by the denotation "Jmp(RO)".  Delete these jumpstitches so that your
connectors between the letters will be as long as possible and if longer than
5mm, the machine will trim them automatically.
Deleting the jumpstitch only removes the machine's want to do a needle
penetration.  Once you're finished deleting all the specific jumpstitches
between your letters, save the file again as a .DST format.
I did a check on this in my Design Shop and it seemed to work.
Hope this helps.  Call me if you have any other questions or need me to clarify.

Ed Orantes
Melco Tech & Trainer