[amayausers.com] Re: Running Caps on Amaya XTs

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 13:42:18 UT

This message was posted by Steve I on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/709.html#000002

I run 8 AMAYAS and most of the time I run the actifeed on auto.  I increase the
lower limit from time to time on thicker fabrics or small lettering to a 3
instead of the default of 1.  The only time I use the standard mode is for 3d
puff.

I run most flats at 1250 SPM and caps at 1050 SPM. I let the sound of the
machine tell me where to put the presser foot.  If it is too low it will
hammer, if you raise it a notch at a time there will be a distinct change in
the noise level when it gets to the correct spot.  If the foot is too high you
wil get flagging, loose stitches and possibly more thread breaks.

Steve I.