[amayausers.com] Re: Rotary Logo

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 17:18:57 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/381.html#000010

Don't give up though...I have done work for a few colleges, Dartmouth College
being one of them...and because I am doing it FOR THE COLLEGE (admitting
department, health department, etc.) then THEY have the authority to give me
the order without any fees or licensing junk...it's 'their' logo and 'their'
order. So ask...it's when you are doing work for a third party (like selling to
the school store) that you need to pay for licensing, send in samples for
approval, etc.-because YOU are coming up with items to sell. But when the head
of the athletic department comes to you and wants jackets for the school
team...then THEY are giving you an order under their copyright authority.
Hope this makes sense!