[amayausers] Re: Re beannie hats

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 14:04:51 -0500

I 've got a couple cases of those beanies and also the stadium
blankets...can't seem to find that 'magic' combination of backing, solvy,
and MT to get a decent sewout that isn't all puckered tight!
Any suggestions? I got the hats all from Sanmar-trying to do them as class
fund raisers for the local schools but can't show them off until I get it
right !
What's the trick to doing it without it ending up tight and stiff?
thanks
Roland

From: LogosInThread@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 13:37:46 EST
To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amayausers] Re beannie hats

Roland,
what color beannie hats do you have?
I have CONQUERED those things and my youth sailing/racing team kids LOVE
them.
If they are the right color,and right price, I will take them off your
hands.
I use my Hoop Master for the sleeves with a small hoop to hoop them and they
are so quick to do.

Linda
Logos In Thread
Miami Beach, FL

In a message dated 12/13/2005 1:30:52 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Veena, sounds like you are doing all the right stuff! I'm tempted to blame
it on the shirt-5 oz. is pretty lightweight and isn't going to be a big
help....
when we increase the MT, we watch the thread up in the middle of the thread
path-where the arm is going up and down as it pulls through-when the thread
is really 'flapping' in the breeze we know it is too loose-either worn
roller or MT is too high. So we have to adjust it down a notch. A lot of
times we wish you could set it to "7.5 or 8.75" or a fraction....sometimes
one point up is too loose and one point down is too tight...need that happy
medium in there.
Good luck-you may just have that dreaded 'shirt material from hell' that
isn't going to be easy to do at all....I have a case of those 'beanie'
knitted hats that just won't co operate!
Roland