[amayausers] Rayon vs. Poly on Ball Caps?

  • From: "Laughing Palm Inc." <sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 13:18:36 -0400

I've been meaning to ask this for some time, but keep forgetting...

Has anyone else experienced a significant difference when using Rayon thread
vs. Poly thread when sewing out ball caps on the Amaya?  It seems that
whenever we use rayon threads in a design (and it doesn't seem to matter
what the design is), that we get MANY more thread breaks using rayon instead
of poly - but only on caps - not on standard garments!

Someone once indicated to me that it might be due to the difference in
elasticity between rayon and poly thread, but I can't say that's the case
with 100% certainty.  Has someone else gone through this and found a good
solution for it, or is this just something unique to us?  It's gotten to the
point that we absolutely avoid using any of the rayon colors in a cap job if
we can!

By the way, the primary poly & rayon threads we use are Melco's ARC brand,
in case it makes a difference...

Regards,

Jim Sulsona
Laughing Palm, Inc.
Custom Embroidered & Screen Printed Products
Post Office Box 957073
Duluth, GA 30095-9518  USA
Toll Free: 1-877-4EMBROIDERY
Tel: 770-448-1171