[amayausers.com] Pull Comp

  • From: "Studio 187 LLC" <InsideStudio187@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Amaya Users" <AmayaUsers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 15:39:22 -0400

Jill, I thought this question was a good one so I took the liberty of
posting it to the Amaya list for you.

-Geri @ Studio 187

Hi,
On the other Amaya list (which I can't figure out how to post on)
there was a prob with designs not laying flat after sewing out.

I do think that the question was answered well, however, just dying
to add my 2 cents - lol

I totally agree if you hoop and stretch the fabric of course when it
comes off the hoop it is going to relax back to 'where it was' and
that will cause the design to pucker.

Also I think that the responses saying design density can affect it a
lot too were absolutely correct.

I also totally agree that a poorly digitized design is never going to
sew out perfectly wonderful! Just doesn't happen.

However, one other thing I've really noticed over the yrs is that if
you make the pull compensation looser it takes care of a lot of
that. I don't know how that works in design shop as I use embird to
digitize and edit with. But I know there is a huge difference in the
sew out on soft knits and very stretchy fabrics (hooped correctly)
regardless of the design.

Maybe someone can post how pull comp is adjusted in Design Shop or
other software used with Amayas. :)

Thanks!
Jill