[amayausers] Re: Pricing Confessions...and advice for newbies

  • From: "Linen Barn" <linen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 10:39:55 -0700

My pricing structure is a little different since I do about 70% contract
work.  I charge $0.50 per 1000 for most of my embroidery.  I usually charge
around 80% markup on garments when I am selling to my end users but stay at
the same price for the embroidery.  I have a min. of $3 for embroidery but
will go down to $2.50 for certain contract costomers.  There is one shop in
town that runs more heads than me (they have 18, I have 11) and he charges
about the same prices as I do but I end up with a bigger share of the
business.  Most of the small shops around here charge $1 per thousand with
100% markup on Garments which I hear is pretty standard, but they have to be
in a niche market to compete with me.

Aaron Sargent
The Linen Barn
linen@xxxxxxxxxxx