[amayausers] Re: Potatoe Chip Logo

  • From: Mike Garber <agraphic2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 11:08:00 -0700

I don't like the spray either. I am very careful with hooping because I know that could be the start of many problems. I try not to stretch the garment in the hoop. Maybe this shirt did get stretched, but I'm thinking its just the 100% cotton that made it look like a TATER. I'll be recommending 50/50 with large fills from now on I guess.

Mike

Steve Cohen wrote:

I never used any type of spray so I really can't help you there. I will be attending the Basic Embroidery Clinic when the trade show is near me in March. The workshop will explore digitizing, machine operation, machine maintenance, repair, placement, needles, backings, production methods and more. Maybe I should ask about sprays. Some people like them and others hate them. I'm a hard person to sell something to so I stick with what is comfortable for me. I also use the same 2.0oz. soft cutaway backing so I don't think the backing is the problem.

From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 12:07:23 -0400
Steve...what about using adhesive spray on the backing ?
We hit the backing with a light spray (pallet adhesive from my screen
printing), lay it down on a 'pallet' on my screenprinting octopus, pull the
shirt over it same as getting ready to screen it-then pat the shirt onto the
backing. Reach around to the hem, or through the neck with a small hoop,
lift the backing and shirt up, slide the hoop in place and hoop it. No
stretching the shirt this way because it is stuck to the backing and hooping
is faster (for us anyways) because we have the sides of the pallet for
straight alignment and the shirts all go on the board the same way...
might be why we haven't run into 'potato chip' curling (that and not using
100% cotton unless we absolutely have to).
Roland