[amayausers] Re: Potatoe Chip Logo

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 11:40:01 -0400

I've screened for over 20 years...and have generally refused to do anything
on 100% cotton material BECAUSE of the shrinkage problem...no matter what
the companies say! (and Hanes Beefy T 'preshrunk' line is the WORST one!)
Same with polos-anything 100% cotton IS GOING TO SHRINK...period. No matter
WHAT the 'label' says for washing instructions-everyone washes everything in
HOT water with HOT dryer anyways!
Then you get that wonderful pucker!
So far I've been lucky-polos we've embroidered I've been able to supply in
50/50, same as sweats, etc.
I'll be watching to see what those with experience have to say...I know my
wife comes back from Arizona every year (just left today for another trip
with in-laws) and she gets polos and sweats to bring home. Some have the
worst garbage embroidery-threads come off, puckers, etc.-others make it
through wash after wash without problems...so someone knows how to do it
right!
Roland