[amayausers.com] Re: Please State the Definition...

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 15:32:01 UT

This message was posted by FME540 on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1299.html#000007

Lisa,

Auto Feed Upper Limit: When using auto feed the material thickness setting will
not exceed this value.

Auto Feed Lower Limit: When using auto feed the material thickness setting will
not go below this value.

These settings were added to AOS to add some control to the auto feed
functionality. Depending on sewing speed, material type, thread, stitch length,
etc.. the material thickness set by auto feed would vary wildly. By imposing
upper and lower limits to the process you still get the benefits of auto feed
but limit it to more acceptable levels.

Be careful with the lower limit setting. A setting of 7 for lower limit would
be in the correct range for a leather or lined jacket. For most applications a
setting of 1-3 will give better results. I believe the default upper limit is
40. I would recommend changing that to something around 12-15 for everything
but the thickest garments.

The material thickness setting is critical for proper operation of the thread
feed system on an Amaya machine. Set properly it allows the machine to sew
faster and more accurately than any other machine. Incorrect thread feed and
material thickness settings will cause the machine to have excessive thread
breaks and accuracy problems. When using the manual material thickness setting
a good general rule is to set it a bit lower than recommended setting for the
material. Then move it up a bit if necessary. Use the auto feed feature to sew
caps, it works great because of the varying thickness of the material.

Using manual the manual material thickness setting and adjusting it carefully I
have sewed out numerous 75,000 stitch designs created with the Photofill
feature from DS. Many of these designs were sewn at 1400 spm and above with no
thread breaks. Spend some time to learn how to use the material thickness
setting and your results will improve.

Hopefully some of this helps.

 - fme540