[amayausers.com] Re: Our NEW website using Live Designer!

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 16:58:21 UT

This message was posted by Steve on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/285.html#000014

John,
Don't waste your money on it. Melco did not start off on the right foot on this
with me. I purchased it in March 2007 and it wasn't active until July 2007.
I have also received a handful of instant messages from people like you as well
as people who currently have Live Designer and the people who have Live
Designer aren't happy with it either. First off, you can not set a minimum
price so if your price per thousand stitches is $1.00 and someone wants 'Bob'
embroidered on a T-shirt, you charge $5 for the t-shirt and $1.00 for the name
'Bob' (probably around 1000 stitches if not less.) There is no profit on a $6
T-shirt that takes up 10 minutes of your time to make $3.
Second, I have given Melco a laundry list of things they should do to make the
site better and they have not implemented one thing even though they told me
other people have suggested it. (Nice to know Melco listens to their customers.)
Third, I get phone calls and emails from people saying they are confused how to
order as well as who makes the items. If you go look at yours2wear.com (Melco's
test site) you will see many items do not say Gildan, Jerzees, Hanes, etc. I
was told at the show this could be changed by me on the back end but it can
not.

Customers have no idea what brand they are ordering as the website says 'cotton
t-shirt'
It takes me 15 minutes to find out every time what the customer ordered as I
have to go find the item on the website then log into the backend system and go
dig for it.
Sorry to be so negative but for $3000 I expected high expectations and did not
get it. I had a lot more sales on my old website at 1/10 the cost.
I found out today, there is some LiveDesigner software that goes with
DesignShop when you order the website which I do not have.
This whole product has been nothing but a dissapointment for me. I'm looking at
other options for website hosting this week and plan on getting off of
LiveDesigner ASAP.