[amayausers] Re: New Machine

  • From: Kushnerick <bkushner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 23:04:46 -0600

Sounds like you may be using CorelDraw or Illustrator for your vinyl
business to create your vector images and plan on possibly using one of
the vector capable "auto-digitizing" embroidery programs to create your
embroidery designs.

Will you be using DesignShop or have you decided to go with something
like DRAWings or Pulse Fusion ? If you are depending on auto-digitizing
to create most of your designs, the truth is ....... auto-digitizing
does have some serious limitations and should only be considered as a
tool, certainly not the answer to all your digitizing needs.

I do not mean to discourage you but the learning curve to create quality
embroidery designs may be considerably steeper than you believe. I'm not
saying that you can't do it ... but there is much more to digitizing
than buying the software and knowing which buttons to click. A good
digitizer will need to fully understand embroidery basics [stitch
densities, underlay stitching, push-pull effect, stitch length,
different stitching requirements for different materials, types of
stitches, pathing, detailing techniques, etc. etc.]. Will you know when
to lengthen or shorten stitch lengths ?   or   Know the different
requirements needed for a cap design as opposed to one which will be
stitched on fleece ?   or   Understand the type of underlay stitching
and it's density to use for a particular job?

For most people, the ability to be able to consistently produce quality
embroidery designs takes years of experience and knowledge. I have been
doing it for 5 years and now consider myself good but certainly not
great ..... there are others in this group who could make me look like a
beginner.

As others have already suggested, take the time to learn to run, service
and maintain your Amaya first. Once you are comfortable with the
machine, then tackle the digitizing. If you go into digitizing expecting
to have a handle on all you need to know in a matter of weeks or months,
you will likely be disappointed.

Good luck

Bob

.