[amayausers.com] Re: Names on shirts

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 16:32:06 -0400

I put the shirt on one of the pallets on my screenprinting press, and use an artist's 'T square' to chalk a straight line lined up with the center of the logo on the other side. Then I bring the shirt over to my All In One and hoop it up-using the chalk line to get the

center of the hoop (or sides of the speed frame system) to line up.
Measure out from the center of the 'buttons' to the center of the first logo-mark the same on the other side-and then center your name on that mark and the line you drew. It will
come out straight every time.
I've done number and name screenprinting on hundreds of 'brand name' soccer shirts for a store (long gone now) and found that Adidas, Nike, etc. must have ZERO quality control because their nice logos wandered all over the shirts-never had them in the same place on
two shirts in the same batch!

Roland

On Apr 23, 2008, at 4:21 PM, Darlene Weber wrote:

Can anyone tell me their secrets as to how you get the name even on a shirt that has a logo on the opposite chest side??? How do you measure and what do you measure from? Mine have a tendency to not be even when I am done sewing both of them!!

Thanks for all the ideas everyone shares!

Darlene