[amayausers.com] Re: NEEDLECASE won't move back and forth

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 14:47:12 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1162.html#000005

The only four clues you have given me as to how serious this problem may be
is....

1. Left side cover is off. With the left side cover off, the machine should be
at needle 16.

2. The # 2 needlebar appears to be the active needle.

3. ALL of the needlebars are down.

4. Needlecase will not move at all.

How is it that the machine is on the # 2 needle and ALL the needles are down
with the left cover off? The needlecase must have been pulled forward when
trying to move it, enough to allow the studs to come out of the tracking groove?

The # 1 needlebar stud, being out of the track and possibly the # 2 also, is
now binding against the right side cover not allowing it to move.

You haven't given much information as to how this happened, what was tried to
correct it and how you went about it. You have not said if this was an XT or
Big Red Amaya (non-XT). Without detailed information, I can only tell you the
possibilites of what may be broken or binding in this case. When the needlecase
on an XT is placed in a bind, as this one may have been, the V-rail slider
blocks may have fractured. In case of a Big Red, the Color Index optical sensor
flag and/or the sensor may be damaged.

At this point, I would advise a visit from a certified Melco tech. Where are
you located? You can go into www.melcouniversity.com and look under the
Trainers and Tech information to find the tech closest to you.

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer