[amayausers.com] Re: Metallic threads on hats

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 16:12:18 UT

This message was posted by Ballyhoo on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/615.html#000003

I (usually) have outstanding results with metallic thread by doing the
following (assuming the columns are wide enough)

1.  80/12 sharp needle (bigger might be better but this is the biggest I have)
2.  Density 6 to 8
3.  Primary underlay: Double zigzag 50%, density 24
4.  Secondary underlay: Double zigzag 75%, density 12
5.  No short stitches (<15 pts)

The two double zigzag underlays are staggered to keep the thread from going
through existing metallic thread and it raises the final layer  giving extra
sparkle.

David
Ballyhoo!