[amayausers] Re: Merrow Machine

  • From: Mike Garber <agraphic2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 12:47:41 -0700

He also invented bone merrow...

Ed Orantes wrote:

        Joseph Merrow invented this sewing machine back in 1889 which is why
it's
named after him.  He also founded the Merrow Sewing Machine Company which is
based out of West Wareham, MA.  The Merrow Sewing Machine Company pioneered
the 'overlock' stitch, now known as a 'Merrow' stitch, or 'Merrowing'.
        In 2004, Charlie Merrow (born 1976), great grandson of Lane Bryant and
great nephew to Joseph B. Merrow, purchased the Merrow Sewing Machine
Company.
        Amazing what you can find out on the Internet.

Ed